martes, 16 de abril de 2013

MEETING THE INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES- REFLECTION ON MY LESSONS


 


One of the classes I have recently taught was more successful than what I had expected it was going to be.  Fortunately, the instructional objective was met. But, how do I know if my students learned what was intended? Actually, it surprised me because they were so willing to participate and to answer every single question I asked them. Moreover, they showed me a very positive attitude and it really pushed my bottoms to go even further as a teacher the next class, so that was such an amazing outcome that made me notice they learned what was intended.
The students were productively engaged because they were constantly asking different questions about the topic. Furthermore, they seemed to be enjoying the class as well as they were learning something new for them. I used varied activities such as performing a dialogue in pairs and filling in the blanks. Surprisingly every pair group participated eagerly and actively.
The tutor teacher had already given me a lesson plan for me to work on; however, I rearranged it and did my own lesson plan in order to organize better my class and in order to feel more confident with it. The instructional plan I did was full of activities which were focused on my students learning. I had to make several changes such as including controlled practices, semi-controlled practices, and free practices so as my students to learn the topic more easily. I decided to somewhat alter the instructional plan at the end of the class because there was an activity that did not work as I wanted, so I did such activity in a different way. Then, the activity was great and I consider it was worthy to alter my instructional plan a little bit.
It would have been greater if I had used more complex practices because I did not developed my lesson plan helping my students to develop the four skills speaking, reading, listening, and writing. Using some listening comprehension practices would have enhanced my instructional lesson.
Finally, if I had the opportunity to teach the lesson again to the same group of students I would some things differently. I would assign some homework assignments to my students and set the use of the language in different situations because in that way I could measure if they are ready to use the language in different contexts. I would also include more oral practices so that my students could improve and empower their speaking skills. In fact, I would focus on the development of my students’ speaking skills since they are not accustomed to communicate in English among each others.
I do want to do my best in order to be such a learning source for my students. I really care about their learning and even though I still make several mistakes as a teacher I try to improve them every single day. I want to be such a trace in my students’ lives.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario