viernes, 17 de mayo de 2013

WHAT ARE YOUR MOTIVES FOR TEACHING? WHAT REWARDS OR INCENTIVES DO YOU GET FROM TEACHING? HOW MIGHT YOUR MOTIVES INTERFERE WITH YOUR ABILITY TO PUT THE NEEDS OF YOUR STUDENTS AHEAD OF YOUR OWN?




 
My motives for teaching are somewhat based on my experience as a student, and also on my desire of influencing positively society. For instance, I feel greatly happy when I notice my students are learning what is intended because when I was a student in junior high school, I could  realize not all my teachers were interested in my classmates’ and my learning. So, once I told myself that one day I was going to be a teacher and I was going to do my best, and I was going to be a better teacher.  Something that really motivates me is when I see my students are willing to learn and to participate in my classes; when notice they are interested in English I try to make them have their best experience learning such beautiful language. I try to transmit all the knowledge I have acquired until now. I consider a teacher does not have to be selfish nor does he or she have to be arrogant because those qualities do not motive the students’ interest and enthusiasm. Indeed, when a teacher is motivated to teach, the students do feel in such way as well. 


 
Furthermore, another of my motives is to see the progress my students show. I feel really compromised with them when I see they are learning something new and they are internalizing the knowledge; in fact, I feel I have to give more and more in every single class. In addition, I particularly have a motive for teaching since I was studying junior high school. 

I remember I was so anxious for learning English, but there was a teacher who never taught a very nice class. She just used to write some vocabulary on the board and did other things while we were copying the vocabulary in our notebooks. I did dislike the English class because of that since I loved English. I had been expecting something different from her; however, she never did anything amazing in the class. Consequently, since I already wanted to be an English teacher I decided to be the best teacher.
 
On the other hand, the rewards or incentives I get from teaching are inner rewards even though  I am earning money for working as a teacher. I consider self satisfaction is one of the main and best rewards I get from teaching. Whenever I see my students enjoying my class and learning several new things, I feel proud of them and self satisfied. The incentives I get from teaching is to be willing to teach the following day and to feel the necessity of doing nice activities and preparing good information for my students. 



My motives might interfere my ability to put the needs of my students ahead of my own in the way that I might not pay attention to the things they are missing to learn for being trying to achieve my own motives. But I consider that my motives for teaching do not interfere at all my ability to put the students’ needs ahead of my own.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario